So I finally walked after graduating in December. Utah State only does the ceremony once a year so it's a combination of fall, spring and summer grads. This actually ended up being better for me because I got to walk with some good friends instead with the like ten kids who graduated in December. The only atypical thing about the day besides already having a diploma was swapping my tassel out between ceremonies because I'd been given a '13 and didn't feel cool about not having my deserved '12.
My parents weren't able to make it down but I got to see grandparents and Darrell's whole family, including Mindy driving up from St George. It was pretty cool dressing in that moo-moo and cap, and walking across the stage in the Spectrum. I must admit Darrell was the best part. That boy got up early to go mountain biking in time to be back and not miss a minute of even the procession across campus. He was a champ and came running down to take pictures when I walked and even of me just siting there during commencement. It was a long, good day and I felt like the luckiest and most loved grad there. Most of the pictures are in cameras not in our house so I'm sorry there aren't more.
...and then my phone was being lame and not uploading pictures so you'll have to check the Facebook/twitter ones Darrell and I have posted because I'm too tired to try harder tonight.
Sorry for the lame post but hey, a post is a post!
No comments:
Post a Comment