Monday, October 7, 2013

Words are worth a thousand pictures

We completely forgot to take any pictures this week, but books without pictures are good so a blog post without pictures can be good too, right?
Here's our week:
Monday we went to the original J-Dawgs to go see some friends who were in town, along with some other Omaha friends/previous missionaries. For those of you who don't know, J-Dawgs is a hot dog joint. They've got sauerkraut, jalapenos, their special sauce, and awesomeness galore.
Tuesday we went to watch RSL play in the Open Cup. It sucked. They lost and they really shouldn't have. I realized it's good that I don't usually get attached to sports teams because I get a little worked up when they lose. It's not super flattering.
Wednesday we watched the final episode of "Breaking Bad" with Darrell's old roommate Craig. Darrell was really sad that the show is over. I'm okay with it. :) But he was happy with how it ended. Now we'll get back to "Downton Abbey"!
Thursday was my last day of work for the week, which was nice timing because it was my birthday on Friday!!! I didn't have to work, I got to wear jeans all day (a really big deal for me!), and I got to hang out with my babeface! We signed some papers for our short sale, ran around to a few different work appointments for Darrell, and then I got to go get an hour massage that Darrell had scheduled for me! We were planning to go to a Mexican place named Diegos in Provo that we've wanted to try for awhile, but it was closed for 30 days...aka we're pretty sure the health department shut them down. Too bad, too. That meant they were probably pretty good. Instead we went to Mountain West Burrito and then home to watch the Aggie game. Since that also didn't have a happy ending, or middle, we finished off the night with tapioca to soothe our sadness. All in all, it was  a good birthday. I got calls, texts, email, etc from a lot of wonderful people and got to spend the day with the one I love the most!
Saturday I had to work but then got to spend the rest of the weekend with Erika visiting us! It was good getting to have her around and most importantly, she got to meet our cat. They've been destined to be friends for a long time apparently.
In other news, Darrell is great. He fixed my car door for me this weekend, replaced my bald tires, and tonight he even did dishes! Sorry for the sap, but that guy is good. He also came and met me after work today with our bikes and gear so we could go for a ride before dark-something that isn't very possible lately with my work hours and that sun setting so early. Basically, I won.
We also paid off Darrell's car as of yesterday! Paying off debt=happiness. Tithing blessings, anyone?
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment