Sunday, July 21, 2013

Celebrity Sighting and Sunday Funday!

It literally took about ten minutes for Darrell and I to figure out what we did each day this week. Time is apparently really relative for us. Here are the highlights:
Monday (when we posted last) we went and helped Ben & Angela (cousins moving to Taiwan) patch and paint a little in their house as they were moving out. Not sure we were very helpful and positive that doesn't even come close to making up for them letting us babysit cool things like a bike stand and elliptical machine.
Tuesday Darrell got caught golfing in the rain and I watched/heard the thunderstorm from work.
Wednesday the Young Women had a good time crackling marbles, playing volleyball and making Dutch oven cobbler (I'll explain the marbles if you ask, and yes I realize I'm overusing parentheses. I like them so back off.) while the Young Men finished up some planning for their canoe trip this week and played ridiculous amounts of basketball.
Thursday Darrell tried golfing again while I worked and since I can't remember anything else, I'm guessing we vegged and watched "The Mentalist" after I got home.
Always happy when Friday gets here. Darrell's annual statewide work picnic was at Cowabunga Bay water park so I saved up some hours at work during the week to get off early to join him over there. Water parks are weird as an adult. We tried all the slides, hung out in the lazy river, basked in the sun a bit and then left because we had our fill and felt good. That took about two hours. Life has changed since we were kids. Highlight of the afternoon: WE SAW JASON KREIS! For reals. He was just hanging out in the pool as we passed by on the lazy river. After our brains processed this fact we were too far past him to not be awkward if we headed his direction. We went one more quick loop and then got out to look for him. Unfortunately he was leaving with his family when we caught sight of him again and Darrell got up the guts to go talk to him a second too late. We felt content with having seen him and not manifested publicly the fact that we were so giddy about it. Basically we're cool because we maintained our cool. We were both super impressed by his calves however. Just saying.
After leaving the park we picked up a bunch of gear for Darrell to use on the canoe trip this week and I got me a cool headband/headwrap that can be worn like 20 ways-running, under a helmet, as just a headband, to cover my face when we're four-wheeling in the desert, you name it! Then, we were social. That's right. We had our friends Jeff and Jessica come down and hang out. I'd tell you all the fun things we did but you'd be overwhelmed by our awesomeness, so I won't.
Saturday morning we drove to Park City to go demo some snazzy mountain bikes for free! Giant (mountain bike manufacturing company) was there and set us both up with cool bikes that have now made us want to upgrade our bikes even more. Mine was a bike made for women, by women. 'Nuff said. We went on a short but nice ride before heading back to make dinner because a Swiss girl Selina who is staying with a family in our neighborhood came for dinner. We spoke French and ate good food. Then another set of our friends (yes, we are about to be social again here) Stephanie and Matt came to watch some of the RSL game with us. We intended to hit a fireworks show in American Fork but the game was too good. And then the game ended and we hung out until late again because they are likewise awesome.
Today was pretty great. Church was good and a few hours after we got home we left on a motorcycle ride. We went up Provo Canyon, through Midway, up and over Guardsman Pass, down through Big Cottonwood Canyon, and to my grandparents' house in South Jordan for their monthly extended family FHE. Our butts weren't super happy by the end and we both feel like we hung out in an oven for a few hours, but it was gorgeous! After we made it back home we watched the TV show "Wipeout" for this week because Darrell's old roommate Thomas and his wife were on it. We'll go ahead and tell you that they made it to the last round and lost by a minute. We were jumping off the couch and yelling through the whole thing. We were mad because the other couple definitely wasn't as cool.
Now we're down to blogging and packing up for Darrell's trip tonight. I'm stoked he gets to go on this trip but super bummed I won't get to see him for almost 5 days. Call me pathetic if you must, but I like the guy.
I'll warn you now we most likely won't get in a post next week because after Darrell gets home on Saturday we're packing up and taking a red eye flight that night to Washington, DC for a trip with my family. We'll have time on our layover but I'm praying that time will be filled with sleep and not blogging. Sorry, sleep wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment