Sunday, June 2, 2013

Loopin' the Loop

So I realized that our life seems exciting because I only ever put on here the cool things we do. I'm okay with that. Go ahead and think our lives are lively and we don't come home and sit on our butts most nights because we're too tired/lazy to do anything else. Totally fine with me!

This week...what did we do? Friday was the first exciting day. Darrell met me at my work and we went to the Draper temple, to the distribution center, and then bought groceries to have a campfire dinner. We have this park that is basically our backyard (and thankfully maintained by another family in the neighborhood) which includes, among other things, a fire pit. So we roasted brats with banana peppers, J-Dawg's sauce, and sauerkraut. It was good. Some of the kids that live upstairs came and hung out with us too. Thankfully they ate the rest of a bag of marshmallows we'd used for Rice Krispies that was just sitting in our pantry.



Sorry for the crappy quality of the pictures. I was more interested in my food at the time.
Saturday I worked so I can take off this Friday for Youth Conference. I got to run some of the orientation workshops we had going on so it wasn't too bad, even for a Saturday. Then we met up with Darrell's dad who was in town for work and went to the RSL game (yes, another one). And we won!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely time for a sweet victory and to not leave the stadium bummed out. Joao Plata is my favorite even though I found out he's two years younger and two inches shorter than me. Who cares? That kid can run! Darrell likes Javier Morales. Can't blame him. He has some serious style when he plays.
Today we went on a motorcycle ride with Darrell's old roommate Craig, and took the Alpine Loop and then up to Squaw Peak. I may be getting a little more okay with living in this part of the state everyday. Just don't ask me how I feel about it in the bottle-necked traffic by the point of the mountain on my way to work tomorrow morning. We also got to see Lesa, a friend of mine from Omaha who just got home from her mission, and I got to talk to one of my favorite people in the world-Felony Melanie who is town!
Life is good, June is here, and Darrell and I will have been married 6 months on Friday. Time flies, doesn't it?
Have a good and safe week!

No comments:

Post a Comment